Join us at BCNET 2019 to learn why leadership matters, how to hone your leadership skills, invest in your people, influence decision making, build successful, diverse teams, and thrive as a leader in the higher education landscape.
Leadership is not the same thing as management/supervision. You can be a leader in the successful implementation and adoption of educational technology by including a strong focus on the end user.
This track will help you develop the perspective and skills to harness your passion for cybersecurity, research & innovation, IT infrastructure and enterprise service delivery by bringing leadership down to earth and helping you make a positive impact regardless of your role.
- What is leadership and why does it matter?
- How to become a better leader
- How to invest in your people
- Leading without a title (the difference between leadership and management/supervision)
- Harnessing the power of diversity and inclusion
- How can we lead the way to practical, faculty/user-centred technology design and fully supported implementation?
- Share experiences of leadership (decisions and problem-solving that others have achieved at their institutions)
- Explore why we lead, and whether it's in the interests of speed, disruption, and innovation. Are we forgetting the link between what we do, why we do it, and for whom?
- How can leadership chart the arc of demand, research, integration and implementation of technology in higher ed in a responsible manner including considerations of training, supporting the end user and sustainability?